7.8.12

All My Friends Are Bad Kids

I keep talking about how I've been thrown into these creative modes. I don't think it's a mode. I think it's just... me. I've got a hint of creative hidden somewhere inside of me. Sometimes all I have to do is open the door and it's there. Then there are the times when it's like I'm on this beautiful beach and everything is gorgeous and warm but Tom Gun is telling me to draw a snowy mountain in Alaska. Nothing about that scenario makes any sense and it's very confusing. Anyway, I felt creative today! 





My creative boom came to me yesterday whilst this lovely painting emerged from the gobs of paint and stiff brushes. Oh my crab, that sentence was almost poetic. What, What? Okay this is a recycled canvas (environmentally friendly in the hizzity house!) and some oil paints my dad was kind enough to let me borrow. Is it borrowing if you can't give it back? 




When your feeling especially creative you go online and look at Tumblr. When you go online and look at Tumblr you find pretty pictures of rainbow cakes. When you find pretty pictures of rainbow cakes you go to Martha Stewart's website and try and find recipes. When you look at Martha Stewart recipes you decide to bake cookies. These are dark chocolate walnut cookies. Best fresh out of the oven.




The cookies evolved. I'm getting pretty good at this picture taking stuff. I have instagram to thank for that. 



I scribbled this out on some newspaper while I was waiting for the cookies to come out. I just realized the newspaper is upside down. My OCD is trying hard to hold back tiny organized fits of rage. 

There's a few songs that I've been listening to over and over again lately. They are jumbled in a playlist called 'Insense'. Guess my OCD was tired the day I made it and decided not to remind me that the word is correctly spelled 'incense'. The actually playlist has 36 songs on it. All awesome, however I only want to share the best of the best with you. So this is a list of my favorite songs as of right now. 

(Disclaimer: If you listen to one or more of these songs and find yourself in a coma of confusion, left to lay on your bed helplessly pondering the many wonders of life while mentally replaying the genius lyrics of these songs and humming the magnificent noise to yourself... Well there is no cure. It's a dyeing disease left in the wake of the ever changing pop culture. Don't worry, it is just one of the side effects of what was once called Music.) 

Ocean Breathes Salty- Modest Mouse
(I took the lyrics from this song and put them in my painting.)

Devil Town- Bright Eyes
(This song was originally written and preformed by Daniel Johnston.)

Jane Says- Jane's Addiction

Jenna- Badtown Boys

Please Stay With Me Baby- Badtown Boys

Take Me Back- Badtown Boys

2 Punx- Badtown Boys

Don't Give Up On Me- Badtown Boys

Mable-  Goldfinger

Plastic Girls- The Minds

Punk Rock Girl- The Dead Milkmen
(my favorite song)

Silly Girl- The Descendents 

Tiny Dancer- Elton John

Walk Out In The Rain- Groovie Ghoulies

Whole Wide World- Wreckless Eric
(Someday I will listen to this song on the beach under a palm tree)

The Wild One- Suzi Quatro

Bye For Now- Lagwagon

Miles Away- Goldfinger

Boom Swagger Boom- Murder City Devils

Bad Kids- Black Lips
(The title of this post is a lyric from this song. It's very relatable. For me anyway.)


If you won't listen to all of these songs, at least pick one. Then comment and tell me about it.

Aye, time to go. Have fun listen to music. Don't forget to like on Facebook, follow on twitter, and become a shark! Keep it peachy...










5 comments:

  1. Hey! I am starting out with a blog of my own and I would love it if you could stop by and check it out! I love your blog- especially the pictures. Thanks for the list of music- I am probably the most ignorant person to music out there....i just listen to whatever is on the radio haha.
    http://originalclothingdesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to find the good stuff (music wise)... ;) I'm glad you like it. I am going to go see about your blog right now! Thanks for commenting. Keep it peachy.

      ps. thanks for complementing my pictures!

      Delete
  2. I was so happy to hear from you!! Im so glad that you enjoyed the idea of my blog :) Im still kind of uneasy about the whole idea because Im not sure if people will understand what Im trying to get across- but you definitely did!! Your comment was so sweet and reassured me to keep up with my blog. Thank you so much for mentioning me in your next blog, that really means a lot!! Im thinking about taking some pictures today and posting them for my next post- and I want to give a little shoutout to you also :) You really made my day with your comment! You are so sweet! I hope we can keep in touch!
    -Maddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be uneasy! There are loads of fashion blogs out there, and it really gets old. You have no idea how many 'out fit of the day' posts I've seen. You have something totally different to offer, that's what makes you and your blog so unique! Your relationship with fashion goes deeper than what you find most of the time. Your blog is great, and it has a truly special concept. Taking your own pictures can be really fun! It's one of my favorite parts of blogging. I love to hear that I made your day! Thank you. I can't wait to read your next post.

      Keep it peachy ;)

      Delete
    2. ahh i just have to say that each one of your comments makes me smile! you are so sweet and i cant say how happy i am that i got to meet you through blogging. im really excited to be on this blogging adventure with you:) i love your "creative boom" painting. im very into the nautical trends from this summer.
      keep in touch!
      maddy:)

      Delete