13.8.12

The Ocean Breathes Salty

So I've been pretty busy lately. In a good almost productive way. Right now I'm staying at a family friends house while my parents are out of town; I had a doctors appointment.  




Oh yeah. I sewed something! It took waaaay longer than I had originally thought, but it turned out awesome! Seriously, the best thing I've ever sewn. Well I really don't sew much, but still.



Side one.


Side two. (The inside when it's folded)



The folded view. It's a little clutch purse. I thought it would be a great idea to hand embroider the octopus and the shark on there. Um, no. Not a good idea. It was an "Oh my god I've been doing this for hours and my back hurts!" kind of idea. But hey, I think it turned out pretty good. So maybe it was worth it. I am happy to say the purse is actually useful. I'm using it now and I love it.




I painted this little guy. Yes, the gold spilling out of the pots is gold glitter. I love gold glitter. The octopus was hard, but he has red glitter eyes!!! The bottom of the painting depicts the lost city of Atlantis. As I've said before, I am from Atlantis. Obviously. 




Here is the picture of my Atlantis nails I said I would post. I painted a shark on one thumb and a jelly fish on the other. 




I painted and glittered some shells. They are huge clam shells from a lake. The same lake the boat is on. This is a lyric from the Modest Mouse song The Ocean Breathes Salty. I also made it the title of the blog post.




I've been spending a lot of time with this kid. His name is Connor and he really likes legos.



We ended up spending an hour and a half sculpting this lego apartment. Its got a kitchen equipped with an oven, stove top, light fixture, an island bar, and some other controls for who knows what. There is a garage door, and a living room that includes a couch, coffee table, and flat screen T.V. There is an office room with a big desk and big computer set up. We made like three cars, and I could go on. So. Many. Legos. 


Aye, that's all I have to say for now. Don't forget to like on Facebook (seriously you guys! No one ever likes this blog on Facebook! I swear nothing weird happens, you just get updates.) follow on twitter, and become a shark! Keep it peachy.










No comments:

Post a Comment