22.7.12

Om Nom Nom Nom

Today I went for a run. Yesterday I got back on track with my workout regimen. It's nothing fancy just a workout video. On one of the pamphlets that comes with it I read that your only supposed to do the video every other day in order to give your body time to recuperate and get stronger. So since I did the video yesterday, I went for a jog instead today. 




I ran quite a ways, with out stopping, or getting cramps. For that I was proud. So then it was time to turn and head back home. I didn't feel like running, and for some reason listening to Tiny Dancer by Elton John made me want to dance. Anyway, there was this girl who slowly made her way down the dirt road doing these really weird interpretive dance moves. They were very big and eccentric and it was great cardio.




I even got a picture. It felt good to just let it all out. Oh, and you know I looked special doing those fancy moves. So I did this all the way to the pond. There's a lot more shade there, and the grass is soft and green. I put my phone on the ground, unplugged my headphones, and turned the volume all the way up. By then I was over the interpretive dance and decided to do something else. Punch dancing. I punch danced. I even tried out a few flips, but I'm really not that acrobatic and ended up just falling really hard on my back. Worth it. :)

Now I'm sore, my calfs are burning! It's rewarding though. I already feel better. Tonight I had the most fantastic simple meal ever.



First we snacked on these little brochettes. Oh, these are just the best. Light (okay the french bread isn't light, but just go with it) and super delicious. These are one of my all time favorite little foods. You just can't go wrong.




Next is salad. I'm very proud of this one. It was SOOO good. Carrots, red onion, red tip lettuce (i think thats what its called), ranch, and balsamic vinaigrette. Um. Yum. I was all like "om nom nom nom nom". Really yummy. So simple and healthy too. Aside from the dressings, both are a tad bit fatty. Oh well. 



I used the left over baguette to make two big slices of bread to go along with the soup. I melted some mozzarella over it. Okay it kind of melted. Good enough. I put salt and pepper on top, along with some italian seasonings. I love french bread. I'll have to make my own sometime. So good.




Tomato soup. Mmmmmm. That's how I describe this. Warm and tasty. I love tomato soup because it has all those hardy flavors and it really fills you up, but it doesn't way you down. Oh, the power of fruits camouflaged as veggies.  





Last but not least, cookies. I didn't spend too much time on these because I was full and tired. They were a little overcooked, and needed some tweaking. They are actually heath, and mint chocolate cookies. I will talk about these in more detail on a later blog post. I have left over dough, so I'll take more time and better pictures. Tomorrow, I'm hoping. 

So I had a fantastic 4 course meal today. 5 courses if you count the bread. It was very good. Seriously delicious, fast, and easy. I did all of it myself apart from the brochettes, which my dad made. There's something indescribably satisfactory about making a meal for yourself, a really nice meal, and then eating it. Everyone should make themselves a nice meal once a week. Whether it's grilled cheese, pancakes, or you name it. Make yourself a meal, because you deserve it!


Aye, It's late so I should be getting some beauty rest now. I'll be going to my friends house tomorrow so I'll try and get a post out but who knows. Please follow on twitter, like on Facebook, check out the new tumblr, and become a shark. Most importantly, Keep it peachy!








No comments:

Post a Comment